April 4, 2008

WOOO HOOO I got a library card!!!!!

I just got my first library card for Kansas City!! I can now check out as many as 200 books at a time. Right now I have my favorite series on CD. I am on the waiting list for the rest of the books on cd. Let me tell you I love books on CD. I can listen to a book while cleaning and playing with Emmy. I have also been checking out a bunch of books for Emmy. I can walk in there and let her go and she will go pick out a bunch of books. I'm not really sure if she knows what she is doing or if she just wants to make a mess. But whatever ones she pulls out I check them out for her. She really likes it when I read to her. We have a big gift bag that you can get at all the stores, you know the ones that you get at a party? Those ones, anyways this one is huge! very over sized. It is loaded with books. Alot of them are the hard back cardboard books. She drags them out and makes me sit down and read to her. She loves it, her loving it makes me happy that she loves to read. I'm really happy that she is taking after me and not her dad. Her dad hates to read, the only thing he reads is a magazine or an owners manual. We are going to receive 5 free books a month for the entire summer for every 20 books I read to Emmy. Though truthfully I dont know how that is going to work, I check out at least 20 books everytime we go to the library. Anyways that is all that is new for me other than the car problems that we are having.


Why is it so hard to agree on a vehicle with your significant other??? We have agreed to get a Dodge though. I thought that after driving the Dodge Caliber that we would get it. Although when I test drove one I didnt have the car seat in the back and there seemed to be plunty of room. Then when Rich, Emmy and I went to test drive one yesterday, we put the carseat in the back seat and there was almost no room. I know that it doesnt really matter much since there is only the three of us most of the time. I want something bigger, with more room. I have always been in small cars. I really like the Dodge Grand Caravan. I'm not really a van kinda girl but I really like it and there is lots of room in it. That way when we go out with my folks or even Rich's folks we could take our vehicle and be comfortable. That way also when we go to the zoo we can pack her wagon and not have to struggle with it fitting in the trunk. Rich really doesnt want a van and I really dont blame him. The only thing that I really dont agree with is that he gets to pick it out and I get stuck driving it. At least we have until July to find a vehicle we somewhat agree on. Anyways its time to wash the dishes, guess I will be back on here after this weekend.

No comments: